The Linking Trail
Planned the trail, designed the trail’s route, initiated the trail’s clearance by members of Israel’s youth movements, Linking Trail project manager
In 1953, Yad Vashem, The Holocaust Martyrs Remembrance Authority, was built to the west of Mount Herzl.
The Linking Trail between Mount Herzl and Yad Vashem was cleared by members of the Zionist youth movements in Israel, and was dedicated in April 2003 to mark the sixtieth anniversary of the Warsaw Ghetto Uprising and the heroism of Jewish resistance to the Nazis during the Holocaust.
The Linking Trail, which is a hiking nature trail, begins near the entrance to Yad Vashem, and climbs up to meet the Visitors Trail on Mount Herzl, close to the Great Leaders of the Nation Plot. Walking along the trail constitutes a direct symbolic expression of the connection between Holocaust and rebirth.